Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Diwali Blues ;)


As diwali approaches, I am confused as what it signifies for me. I am not a huge diwali fan especially since my mother decided to make it work hard and no sleep week for me. Diwali is about sweets, new clothes, wishing people, bursting crackers and decorations. I am not sure which one I personally like. If i were to be honest, I'll say none.

I am ambivalent about my feeling and about diwali. I like the lights, the colors but they are not that great.. I am more like a person who would like to celebrate when i want not when everyone else is. It is a nonsense thought. It is mine and I am like that.

I want diwali time to be time to chill and relax not become a day where it is all about work.

I think diwali is about lighting the inner light, not your house. It is about sweetening  your lives not making them. It is about being fair in life, being righteous, not about following some tradition.

Diwali had made me realize after a hard work and bone crushing pain, that one cup of tea i share with my family is more satisfying then new clothes, crackers or even pooja. It is the time to bond :) and bond you should.


Call the people you won't otherwise call, distribute sweets to people who you don't like, give crackers to kids who can't buy their own and help your mum this diwali. She too needs a day off.. :)

P.S. this is after diwali but started before diwali.

No comments:

Post a Comment